I received a call from Synovate today, offering me a job as an Assistant Researcher for the company. I have two days to let them know if I'm taking the offer. Chances are, I'll pass on it. I am however, glad that I got an offer because after the extremely casual second round interview, and not hearing from them - there was only one word: rejection.
I have sent in my resume to a few pharmaceutical companies, applying for a medical sales representative position. GSK, AstraZeneca and Sanofi-Aventis to name a few. I forwarded my resume to GSK via their company website and nothing yet. A friend who works at Sanofi got back to me today saying that they don't have any vacancies at the moment but will keep-in-view (KIV). Astra was most recent and I just have to wait and see.
I have been looking at a couple of auditions to try out for too. Will keep you posted on that, some short films and other events. Speaking of which, remember about the audition for KL Lights that I tried out for, I met the director at the gym.
For a 26 year old, as a director. Impressive. I got to know a little bit about his background. He did film studies at Wisconsin and later moved to LA to become a PA for people at Hollywood Squares series. He had then returned to Malaysia and worked with NTV7 and was involved in a short film production call 'Pua'. Any guesses?
Anyway, he remembered me. At least I left some sort of impression. He commented that I acted well but my face looks young on camera and producers felt that it didn't suit the role. They were looking for a more older looking bloke. They are however, still casting and looking for that guy. He suggested further that it is going to be a long running season and who knows, he may squeeze me in for some random shoots. *smiles*
It kinda lifted up my spirits after that chat. Hopefully one door will finally open soon. At the moment, I am still trying to fit the keys into the right keyhole. God willing.
I have sent in my resume to a few pharmaceutical companies, applying for a medical sales representative position. GSK, AstraZeneca and Sanofi-Aventis to name a few. I forwarded my resume to GSK via their company website and nothing yet. A friend who works at Sanofi got back to me today saying that they don't have any vacancies at the moment but will keep-in-view (KIV). Astra was most recent and I just have to wait and see.
I have been looking at a couple of auditions to try out for too. Will keep you posted on that, some short films and other events. Speaking of which, remember about the audition for KL Lights that I tried out for, I met the director at the gym.
For a 26 year old, as a director. Impressive. I got to know a little bit about his background. He did film studies at Wisconsin and later moved to LA to become a PA for people at Hollywood Squares series. He had then returned to Malaysia and worked with NTV7 and was involved in a short film production call 'Pua'. Any guesses?
Anyway, he remembered me. At least I left some sort of impression. He commented that I acted well but my face looks young on camera and producers felt that it didn't suit the role. They were looking for a more older looking bloke. They are however, still casting and looking for that guy. He suggested further that it is going to be a long running season and who knows, he may squeeze me in for some random shoots. *smiles*
It kinda lifted up my spirits after that chat. Hopefully one door will finally open soon. At the moment, I am still trying to fit the keys into the right keyhole. God willing.

0 Responses to “Still searching”
Post a Comment